What information do we collect?
ACRIS Services does not collect personally identifiable information from you except to the extent you have explicitly given such information to ACRIS Services.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Such information may include, but is not limited to: Email Address; Name; Business Name; and Payment Information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. This is only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
When you sign up to one of our products, we will keep you updated with industry information and information about products and services of ours that may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of your email.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How Long Do We keep your Information For?
We keep your information for as long as it is required to fulfill our commitments to you, or to adhere to legal or regulatory requirements.
If you are a customer or client, we keep the information for the duration of our relationship. Certain information may be kept for longer though, for instance contracts will be archived even after our relationship has been terminated.
If you have requested to receive marketing communications, we will keep your personal information for as long as you interact with us.
We securely store customer information and any feedback that you provide (including any personal information that you directly provide in that feedback) for as long as permitted by Australian law.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
All users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and going to the ‘Edit Account Settings’ page.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at Terms and Conditions
Subject Access Request
- All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by ACRIS Services are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company hold about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
- If an individual contacts ACRIS Services requesting this information, this is called a subject access request.
Subject access requests from individuals should be made by email, addressed to the data controller at [email protected] The data controller can supply a standard request form, although individuals do not have to use this.
The data controller will aim to provide the relevant data within 14 days.
The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before hanging over any information.
This policy was last modified on 24th May 2018